First, configure your key bindings and preferences as you want, then choose a game mode and start playing / training.
- The 3 Classic modes will simply spawn a blue target unit, randomly moving around you. Try to hook them fast and increase your score !
- In the Time Attack mode, the game will end when the timer reaches zero. Any second is precious so be fast and improve your reflexes !
- The Blind Mode will help you to anticipate linear moves of invisible units, to score blind hooks. Practise this if you want to teach a lesson to sneaky gankers as Gondar and Riki…
- Catch Me If You Can is a little experiment of a fun game mode using Pudge’s abilities. Don’t stop running !
In most of these game modes, the difficulty will increase as you hook more and more targets. Targets will become harder and harder to hook and creeps (green units) will spawn and walk around. In exchange, items will be unlocked.
Don’t worry if you can’t unlock every item very fast : the trainer is just making sure you are comfortable enough with simple hooks before asking you to handle more things. Advanced players will be required to use a lot of abilities in a short amount of time to get the best score.
To gain more points with a hook, make sure to
- Hook as fast as you can
- Hook far units
- Increase your hooking spree bonus
- Perform Hook + Rot + Dismember combos
- Try to enable Rot after casting the hook (but still before casting Dismember !)
- When casting Dismember, try to click on the target while it is hooked
- When a target is very close, dismembering it can give you more points than a hook
- Avoid cancelling Dismember’s channeling
- Avoid keeping Rot active for too long
Tips to hook targets at high level
- Try Blink + hook and Force staff + hook combos to surprise your target
- Fake hooks to confuse them and disrupt their dodges.